PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
October 1, 2004
Subject: SFPD To Participate In Motorist Pedestrian Violations October 5
The San Francisco Police Department will be joining with WalkSanFrancisco in the International Walk to School Day, Wednesday, October 6. On the day before, Tuesday, October 5, officers will be deployed around selected San Francisco schools from 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 A.M to help make sure that children arrive to school safe by issuing citations to motorists who violate pedestrian traffic laws.
The schools where officers will be deployed are the following:
- Jefferson Elementary School, 17th Ave. and Irving St.
- Sunnyside Elementary School, Congo St. and Monterey Bl.
- French-American International School, Gough and Oak sts.
- Gateway High School, 8th Ave. and Judah St.
- Visitacion Valley Middle School, Visitacion Ave, and Schwerin St.
The SFPD Traffic Division conducts ongoing crosswalk stings, looking for motorists who violate traffic pedestrian laws. In the past three months, officers issued over 600 citations in crosswalk sting operations.
For more information, please contact:
Sergeant Mike Lawson
SFPD Traffic Division
Public Affairs Office
Peggy da Silva
WALK San Francisco
850 Bryant Street, Room 549, San Francisco, CA. 94103
Tel (415) 553-1651 / Fax (415) 553-9229