PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
November 04, 2005
Subject: Applications For San Francisco Police Officer
The San Francisco Police Department is looking for mature men and women who want to be Police Officers.
The current salary range is $62,317 to $86,780. Applicants are paid while they attend the San Francisco Police Academy.
Applications will be available from Tuesday, November 1, 2005 to Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at all police stations in San Francisco, at the San Francisco International Airport Police Substation, at the Department of Human Resources, 44 Gough Street, and in the SFPD Examination Unit, Room 577-17, Hall of Justice, 850 Bryant Street. There are additional sites to obtain applications listed on the second page of this press release. Please visit our website at www.sfgov.org/police for more information. Persons who would like an application mailed to them can call 575-6325. Phone messages for applications will be accepted until 11:00 A.M. Wednesday, November 23.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Must be 20 years of age by November 30, 2005.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- Have a U. S. high school diploma or acceptable equivalent.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Not been convicted of a domestic violence crime.
- Not been convicted of a felony.
For more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Office
Other Community Organizations and Associations to Obtain
the Q-2 Police Officer Application
- Police Officers Association (POA), 800 Bryant St., 2nd floor (entrance on 6th St.) 861-5060, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Officers for Justice (OFJ), 5126-3rd St. at Shafter, 822-225, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- Young Community Developers, 1715 Yosemite St. at 3rd, 822-3491, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Chinese for Affirmative Action, 17 Walter U. Lum Place at Clay, 274-6750, 9:00 AM– 5:00 PM.
- Mission Hiring Hall, 3042-16th St. between Valencia and Mission, 626-1919, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Mission Hiring Hall, 288-7th St., 626-1919, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1050 McAllister St at Webster, 921-6276, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center, 1800 Market St. at Octavia, 865-5555, 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- Cameron House, 920 Sacramento St. between Stockton and Powell, 781-0401, ext. 123, 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM.
- Visitacion Valley Jobs Education and Training Program, 1099 Sunnydale, 3rd floor, 239-2866, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- University of San Francisco, 2130 Fulton St, University Center, Room 429, 422-2165, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- City College of San Francisco, 50 Phelan Ave, Science Bldg., Room 127, 239-3117, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (closed during the noon hour and at 3:00 PM on Fridays)
- San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave., Student Services Bldg., Room 206, 338-1761, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
850 Bryant Street, Room 549, San Francisco, CA. 94103
Tel (415) 553-1651 / Fax (415) 553-9229