SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, JULY 12, 2000
Thomas J. Cahill Hall of Justice
850 Bryant Street
San Francisco, California
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Consent Calendar
4. Approval of Minutes:
Meetings of May 3rd, 17th, 24th, 31st, and June 7, 2000
5. Police Commission Announcements
a. Motion of Calendaring of New Items
6. Discussion and Action re: Awards Committee Recommendations
7. Chief's Announcements and Review of Recent Department Events
8. Presentation of Goals and Objectives of the San Francisco Police Department
9. OCC Director's Report re: Staffing and Budget and Summary of Recent Events
10. Request of the Chief of Police for Authorization to Apply for Retroactively, Accept, and Expend Funds from the California Office of Criminal Justice Planning to Implement the California DNA Consortium Program
11. Request of the Chief of Police for Authorization to Apply for Retroactively, Accept, and Expend Funds from the California Department of Alcohol Beverage Control to Implement the “2000-2001 Grant Assistance to Local Law Enforcement Agencies Project”
12. Public Comments
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
1 3. Hearing and Disposition on the Appeal of the Chief’s Suspension of Officer Jennifer Marino, Ingleside (File No. D97-259 DMC)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
1. Request of the Chief of Police for Approval to Accept Donation of Athletic Equipment, valued at $4,500.00, from Mr. John Gourgott, owner of World's Gym, for use of the Narcotics Division
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: RACHEL ARNSTINE O'HARA, CLERK, CITY HALL, ROOM 362, 1 DR. CARLTON B.GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4683, OFFICE 415 554-6171 (FAX) 415 554-6177, (E-MAIL) Rachael_ArnstineO'Hara@ci.sf.ca.us
Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us.