SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, August 04, 2004
City Hall Room 400
#1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Place
San Francisco, California
|Dr. Joe Marshall
Lt. Edward Geeter
Closed Session (5:00 p.m.)
1. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session.
2. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session to confer with legal counsel. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)) (ACTION ITEM)
3. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d).
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - ANTICIPATED LITIGATION: AS DEFENDANT
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.9(b).
Open Session (5:30 p.m.)
Reconvene to Open Session.
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
4. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a))
5. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Report on the activities of the Traffic Enforcement Unit.
b Review of recent activities.
6. OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of recent activities, including an update on scheduling of the OCC's report on the implementation of its policy recommendations from 1999-2004.
b. Presentation of OCC cases eight months and older.
c. Presentation of OCC's Quarterly Report.
7. Discussion and possible action to approve Revised General Order 7.02, "Psychological Evaluation of Juveniles" (ACTION ITEM)
8. Discussion and possible action to authorize the Chief of Police to retroactively apply for, accept, and expend funds from the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing to implement the "Cops-In-Schools Program" (ACTION ITEM)
9. Withdrawal of the appeal of the Chief's Suspension of Officer Jeffrey Aloise for further proceeding before the Chief of Police (ACTION ITEM)
10. Discussion and possible action to instruct the Chief of Police to work with the City's Purchaser to terminate the Kroll contract. (ACTION ITEM)
11. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Sergeant Jeffrey A. Barry (File No. C04-062 JWA).
b. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File No. C04-126 JWA).
c. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Inspector Paul Falconer (File No. C04-199 JWF).
d. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Edmund J. Cota (File No. C04-120 JWF).
e. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Sergeant John Syme (File No. C04-121 JWF).
f. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Officer Daniel Miller (File No. C04-122 JWF).
g. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Captain Gregory Corrales (File No. C04-123 JWF).
h. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Henry J. Parra, Jr. (File No. C04-124 JWF).
i. Notice of assignment and setting of date for hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Officer Gene P Cornyn (File No. C04-125 JWF).
j. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings
12. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a public, Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
- The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Park District, San Francisco Public Library, 1833 Page Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, August 25, 2004, to hear comments from the public and Park Captain John Ehrlich concerning public protections issues in the Park District.
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and five minutes for representatives of organizations.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us/bdsupvrs/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.