SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
|Dr. Joe Marshall
Sgt. Joe Reilly
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call.
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
2. Discussion and possible action to impose discipline on sustained disciplinary charge filed against Officer Anthony D. Nelson; adoption of findings (File No. C04-074 EGF filed
3. Hearing and possible action on the Department's motion for additional discovery in the disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File No. C04-105 JWA)
Note: The Commission has referred this motion to the Hearing Officer for decision on
September 23, 2005
The motion will be heard by the Commission only if a party appeals the Hearing Officer's decision.
The Commission may decide to consider Items No. 2 and 3, in whole or in part, in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.10(b), in which case:
a. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session
b. Vote on whether to convene to Closed Session
c. Reconvene to open session:
i. Possible report on action taken in Closed Session, pursuant to Government Code section 54757.1 and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(b).
ii. Vote whether to disclose any or all of the discussions held in Closed Session pursuant to S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(a)
4. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
- Quarterly Report on Officer-Involved Discharges
5. OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
b. Status Report on current OCC cases and OCC investigators= caseload
c. Presentation regarding 3304 cases from year 2000 to 2005
6. Approval of the Consent Calendar (ACTION ITEM)
a. Request for approval to accept a donation of $100.00 from Ms. Rosemary M. Peters to the San Francisco Police Department
7. Presentation of the Quarterly Report - Provision of Documents to the Office of Citizen Complaints (April - June 2005) (DISCUSSION ONLY)
8. Approval of the request of the Chief of Police to apply for, accept and expend funds from the California Department of Boating and Waterways to implement the Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Program (ACTION ITEM)
9. Discussion regarding revised Department General Order 3.19, AComplaint Early Warning & Early Intervention System@ (DISCUSSION ONLY)
10. Approval of minutes for the meetings of
April 27, 2005
May 4, 2005
May 11, 2005
11. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
12. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and five minutes for representatives of organizations.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us/bdsupvrs/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.