Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
The Commission may decide to consider Item No. 2, in whole or in part, in closed session pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and S.F. Administrative Code Section 67.10(b). In which case:
a. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session.
b. Reconvene to Open Session:
i. Possible report on action taken in Closed Session, pursuant to Government Code section 54757.1 and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(b).
ii. Vote whether to disclose any or all of the discussions held in Closed Session pursuant to S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(a).
2. Hearing on Motion to Dismiss Disciplinary Charges
a. Discussion and possible action to grant or deny motion to dismiss disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File No. C04-126 JWA) under Government Code 3304(d) (ACTION ITEM)
b. Discussion and possible action to grant or deny motion to dismiss disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File Nos. C04-113 JWA & C04-126 JWA) on the grounds that the alleged charges are unconstitutional and filed as a pretext for unlawful race-based employment discrimination (ACTION ITEM)
The following time limits will apply:
Charged officers= opening argument: up to twenty (20) minutes
Department=s opening argument: up to twenty (20) minutes
Charged officers= closing arguments: ten (10) minutes
3. Discussion and possible action to take off calendar indefinitely the disciplinary charges filed against Officer Demarco Foster (File No. C05-109 JCT). Officer Foster resigned from the San Francisco Police Department effective close of business on January 5, 2006. Said disciplinary charges will be placed back on calendar should the officer be within the jurisdiction of the Police Commission in the future. (ACTION ITEM)
4. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
5. OCCDirector's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
6. Approval of minutes for the Police Commission meeting of January 4, 2006 (ACTION ITEM)
7. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
8. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE:The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Mission District, Sanchez Elementary School, 325 Sanchez Street, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, January 25, 2006, to hear comments from the public and Mission Station Captain John Goldberg concerning public protections issues in the Mission District.