Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for up to three minutes on
items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
(THE COMMISSION WILL MOVE THE AGENDA TO ITEM #2 AT 6:00 P.M)
2. Hearing to gather initial public input regarding the review of Police District Station Boundaries and the Foot Patrol Pilot Program evaluation (DISCUSSION ONLY)
3. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
4. OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
5. Commission Reports (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Commission President's Report
b. Commissioners' Reports
6. Approval of the minutes for the meetings of August 29, 2007 (ACTION ITEM)
7. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
8. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Discussion re: The Commission's Priority List
9. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
10. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
11. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 (b) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code 832.7:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Chief of Police (DISCUSSION ONLY)
(Reconvene to Open Session)
12. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
13. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Tenderloin District, Community Meeting Room, 201 Turk Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m.,on Wednesday, September 26, 2007, to hear comments from the public and Tenderloin Captain Gary Jimenez concerning public protection issues in the Tenderloin District.
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and representatives of organizations, unless modified by the Chair.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us/bdsupvrs/sunshine
There is no metadata defined.