Roll Call; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Approval of the Minutes (ACTION ITEM)
- For the meetings of April 23rd and 30, 2008
2. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for a time period determined by the Chair on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
3. Annual election of Police Commission Officers (ACTION ITEM)
4. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Chief's Report
- Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
- Response to the Report by the Subcommittee on Violent Crime
- Report on the implementation of recommendations of the Foot Patrol Study
- Update on the status of open OIS Investigations
b. OCC Director's Report
- Review of Recent Activities
c. Commission Reports
- Commission President's Report
- Commissioners' Reports
5. Discussion and possible action to adopt a resolution that establishes procedures for investigating allegations of police misconduct contained in civil suits and claims (ACTION ITEM)
6. Discussion and possible action to adopt revised Department General Order 2.02,Alcohol Consumption by Members (ACTION ITEM)
7. Discussion and possible action to adopt revised Department General Order 5.18,Prisoner Handling and Transportation (ACTION ITEM)
8. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
9. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
10. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary matters (DISCUSSION ONLY)
(Reconvene to Open Session)
11. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
12. Routine Administrative Business (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Commission Announcements
- Assignment of disciplinary charges filed in Case No. C08-079 to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner
13. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
1. The Commission's subcommittee on Violent Crime will hold its meeting in the Tenderloin District, at the Community Hearing Room, 201 Turk Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Thursday, May 15, 2008, to hear comments and concerns from the public.
2. The Commission will hold a joint meeting with the Board of Supervisor's Public Safety Committee on Monday, May 19, 2008, at 6:00 p.m., the Board of Supervisors' Chambers, Room 250, at City Hall.
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. The period of time allowed for public comment may be modified by the Chair in the interest of fairness to all those wishing to address the Commission.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX
(415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us/bdsupvrs/sunshine