1. Group Agreements and Overview of the Day. [Discussion]
2. Police Commission Mission Statement and Rules of Order. [Discussion and possible action] Discussion regarding whether the Commission’s Mission Statement and Rules of Order are current and match Commission objectives; possible action to update each accordingly.
3. Responsibilities of the Police Commission. [Discussion and possible action] Discuss individual perceptions, find commonalities, and develop a working vision for strengthening relationships. Discussion regarding the following topics; possible action to set individual responsibilities for Commission members.
- Role of the Commissioner (individual and group)
- Relationship with the San Francisco community
- Relationship with Police Department and Chief
- Relationship with OCC and Executive Director
- Communication and Protocol
- Relationship with Media
4. Develop Objectives of the Commission (to serve as guide in setting priorities). [Discussion and possible action] Discussion and possible action to develop Commission objectives.
5. Prioritize Areas of Concern & Develop Progress Plan. [Discussion and possible action] Discussion and possible action to:
- Develop criteria for determining Commission priorities
- Develop understanding of how to address unexpected, urgent matters
- Prioritize and establish Commission goals
- Develop measurement for determining if Commission is advancing its goals
6. Discuss Communication and Protocol with the Chief of Police and OCC Director. [Discussion and possible action]. Discussion and possible action to set communication and other protocols with Chief of Police and OCC Director.
7. Reflections on Retreat [Discussion] Discussion regarding Commission strengths and areas for improvement