Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or OCC personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or OCC personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and OCC personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes.)
2. Reports and Announcements
a. Chief’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Report on crime statistics
- Review of recent activities
b. OCC Director’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Review of recent activities
c. Commission reports (DISCUSSION)
- Commission President’s report
- Commissioners’ reports
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
3. Department’s Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) Working Group update (DISCUSSION)
4. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 6 below, Closed Session – Disciplinary Cases, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item6 in closed session.
5. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session, including vote on whether to assert the attorney-client privilege with regard to Item 6(b) (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
6. Closed Session – Disciplinary Cases
a. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Discussion and possible action to adopt proposed Findings of Fact regarding the Commission’s December 1, 2010 decision sustaining the Chief’s Suspension filed in Case No. JCT D06-173 (ACTION)
6. b. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a) and San Francisco
Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)(1): (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
Arash Ghanadan v. CCSF, et. al., San Francisco Superior Court No. 495308. Discussion and possible action to recommend that the Board of Supervisors approve recommended settlement in the action.
c. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases (DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION)
(OPEN SESSION) Roll Call.
7. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 6 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
8. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will meet in the Ingleside District at Visitation Valley Middle School, 450 Raymond, San Francisco, on Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at 6 p.m., to hear comments from the public and Ingleside Station Captain Daniel Mahoney concerning public protections issues in the Ingleside District