Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Consent Calendar (RECEIVE & FILE; ACTION)
- Request of Captain John Garrity to accept gift of 60 T-shirts from Macy’s Corp to the Tenderloin Police Station to be donated towards the Tenderloin Station National Night-Out Event, valued at $480.00
2. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or OCC personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or OCC personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and OCC personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes.)
3. Reports and Announcements
a. Chief’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Review of recent activities
b. OCC Director’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Review of recent activities
- Presentation of the OCC’s First Quarter 2012 Quarterly Reports
- Presentation of the OCC’s Monthly Comprehensive Statistical Report and Companion Reports for the Periods January 1, 1, 2012 through May 31, 2012 and January 1, 2011 through May 31, 2011, and Adjudication of Sustained Complaints in May 2012
c. Commission reports (DISCUSSION)
- Commission President’s report
- Commissioners’ reports
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
4 Election of Commission Officers (ACTION ITEM)
5. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 7 below, Closed Session, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item 7 in closed session.
6. Vote on whether to hold Item 7 in closed session (ACTION)
7. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Assignment of an Appeal of the Chief’s Suspension filed in Case No. ALW D11-2401/IAD 2010-0268 to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner (DISCUSSION)
b. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases
(OPEN SESSION) Roll Call.
8. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 7 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
9. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will meet in the Tenderloin District at the Community Center, 201 Turk Street, San Francisco, on Wednesday, June 27, 2012, at 6 p.m., to hear comments from the public and Tenderloin Station Captain John Garrity concerning public protections issues in the Tenderloin District.