Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Approval of the Minutes (ACTION)
- For the meetings of April 24th, May 22nd & 29th, and June 26, 2013
2. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or OCC personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or OCC personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and OCC personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes.)
3. Reports and Announcements
a. Chief’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Review of recent activities
b. OCC Director’s report (DISCUSSION)
- Review of recent activities
- Presentation of the OCC’s Monthly Comprehensive Statistical Report and Companion Reports for the periods January 1 through June 30, 2013 and January 1 through June 30, 2012, Mediation of Complaints in June 2013 and Adjudication of Sustained Complaints in June 2013
- Presentation of the OCC’s 1st Quarter Report
c. Commission reports (DISCUSSION)
- Commission President’s report
- Commissioners’ reports
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
4. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 6 below, Closed Session, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item 6 in closed session.
5. Vote on whether to hold Item 6 in Closed Session, including vote on whether to assert the attorney-client privilege with regard to Item 6(a) (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
6. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) and San Francisco
Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)(1):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – Existing Litigation
Jessica Orozco v. CCSF, et al., U.S. District Court Case No. C12-1900, filed 3/13/12; Discussion and possible action to recommend that the Board of Supervisors approve recommended settlement in the action or to take other action (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
b. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Discussion and possible action to accept or reject Stipulated Disposition of disciplinary charges filed in Case No. IAD 2011-0287, or take other action, if necessary (ACTION)
c. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7: (DISCUSSION)
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases
(OPEN SESSION) Roll Call.
7. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 6 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
8. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting in July at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will meet in the Taraval District at A.P. Giannini Middle School, 3151 Ortega Street, San Francisco, on Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at 6 p.m., to hear comments from the public and Taraval Station Captain Curtis Lum concerning public protection issues in the Taraval District.