SFPD to Conduct DUI/Driver's License Checkpoint on Saturday
San Francisco, CA – The Avoid the 8 DUI Task Force is deploying officers this weekend at DUI/Drivers License Checkpoints to arrest impaired drivers and to keep the public aware of the dangers of driving while impaired by alcohol and drugs.
Friends and families will gather for celebrations throughout the summer season, often with alcohol. Law enforcement is reminding everyone to make plans now for those weekend trips and partying. Make sure to use a ‘Designated Sober Driver’ to prevent arrest or worse, a deadly driving tragedy.
Law enforcement will conduct a DUI/Driver’s license checkpoint on Saturday, July 20th from 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M.
Law enforcement region-wide is asking for everyone’s support this summer:
• Plan ahead. Arrange rides home for your friends, family, co-workers and yourself before the drinking begins.
• Those hosting celebrations and servers must limit drinks to your guests or patrons. Don’t serve more than one or two over several hours.
• Identify and provide free non-alcoholic drinks to the Designated Sober Driver. For tasty drink recipes, visit the Drink Mixology Center at www.facebook.com/CaliforniaOTS.
• Cut back on the amount of drinks you plan to bring to the party – and provide plenty of food.
• If you see dangerous driving, Report Drunk Drivers – Call 9-1-1
For additional information Contact:
Media Relations Unit: (415) 553-1651
Police, Sheriff and the CHP encourage all motorists to help make your community safer: Report Drunk Drivers – Call 911. Funding for this program is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
MEDIA NOTE: Please visit the AVOID website at www.californiaavoid.org for more information the on campaign’s DUI Enforcement, statistical date on DUI arrests and DUI fatal crashes from earlier enforcement efforts. The checkpoint locations and saturation patrols will be made available for media opportunities or ride-alongs each night.