DUI Saturation Patrol Friday
San Francisco, CA – The San Francisco Police Department are deploying officers citywide saturation patrols to arrest impaired drivers as part of the Avoid grant. We also want to keep the public aware of the dangers of driving while impaired by alcohol and drugs.
We are in the middle of the holiday season with many events in San Francisco, but if history repeats… drunk or drugged driving crashes will rise when reckless drivers take to the roadways impaired. Friends and families will gather for celebrations throughout the holiday season, often with alcohol. Law enforcement is reminding everyone to make plans now for those weekend trips and partying. Make sure to use a ‘Designated Sober Driver’ to prevent arrest or worse, a deadly driving tragedy.
Law enforcement will conduct saturation patrols Friday, December 27th from 8:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. citywide in San Francisco.
Law enforcement region-wide is asking for everyone’s support this summer:
- Plan ahead. Arrange rides home for your friends, family, co-workers and yourself before the drinking begins.
- Those hosting celebrations and servers must limit drinks to your guests or patrons. Don’t serve more than one or two over several hours.
- Identify and provide free non-alcoholic drinks to the Designated Sober Driver. For tasty drink recipes, visit the DDrink Mixology Center at
- Cut back on the amount of drinks you plan to bring to the party – and provide plenty of food.
- If you see dangerous driving, Report Drunk Drivers – Call 9-1-1!
Funding for the Avoid checkpoint is by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The San Francisco Police Department in conjunction with allied agencies will deploy checkpoints and DUI patrols throughout the winter season.